Thursday, August 22, 2013

First Day of School 2013

Okay, today wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Sam slept far beyond his usual 3:30am wake up time. He slept until 6:30. Sounds like a good thing, but in hindsight it's not.

Anyway, Sam was happy to participate in pictures on the front doorstep this morning. He was happy to ride along when we took Ben and Abby to the high school. Sam was fine with not going to school. That made it easier for me to keep him home. 

Thanks to visits from friends and family (Trisha and my mom each came twice!), I got to shower, do laundry, and prep dinner (Sweet Corn and Basil Lasagna-yummy, but something about the order of the layers of noodles and cheese wasn't quite right. If I ever get to talk to Ms. de Laurentiis, I'll have to ask her what I did wrong.). It also made the no-school thing easier to swallow. And I still think Sam brightens when visitors come in (especially when they bring The King of the Jungle-Maybe I'll explain that one tomorrow).

Sam took several naps today and was definitely sleepier today than yesterday, but he still rallies for meals, snacks, and guests. There's really nothing more to say. I'm grateful for the support (and distraction) of friends and family. That's enough for now.

2 comments:

  1. Already planning a return visit! I really enjoyed hanging out with you two today. And I am going to study some more reflexology. You missed it while in the shower, but I was massaging his feet and mentioned that I had studied reflexology briefly (like one class once) but couldn't recall anything. Except that every spot on the foot corresponds to an organ. And that rubbing a certain way could help or hurt. "So, I might be damaging your liver right now, Sam!" He laughed. Then John, who was in the kitchen, said, "if you feel something wet down your leg, you'll know she hit your kidneys or bladder!" and that got quite a laugh!

    I am going to find some other schtick to bring more laughter. I love that kid's laugh...

    ReplyDelete