Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Fine

Sam's holding steady for the moment at his latest low-the one that hurt my back. My back is better today so I must be getting stronger. We had a day full of visitors, nicely spread out throughout the day. John, Sam, and I picked up the teens from school at lunch, went through the drive-through at Taco Bell (I know, ew), and spent some time together at home.

People are always asking me how I'm doing. I say, "I'm fine." If I'm comfortable with you, I'll accompany that with an eye roll, because I know you know the true meaning of, "Fine."
People also ask if I am sleeping. Aside from waking up with Sam a couple of times a night to help him get to the bathroom, I sleep, and here's how. I escape. My current escape is anything I can get my hands on about long-distance hiking or running. These are some of the players:
I Promise Not to SufferBorn to RunFeet in the Clouds: A Tale of Fell-Running and Obsession


1 comment:

  1. I read Wild a couple of months ago. Terrific story! Thanks for the book suggestions. <3 <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete