Thursday, September 12, 2013

Two boys

I'm afraid not to write a post. I'm afraid you all will freak out if I miss a night and assume something really bad happened.

Well, what if I just don't feel like writing about Sam's day? What if it was pretty much the same as yesterday, which means that it sucked, and I feel sad? I just feel so overwhelmingly sad, because although Sam is still here, he's not. And soon he won't be here. What then? I miss my bright and shining boy. I miss the boy who ran instead of walked. 
Sam at Purim 2011

At the same time, I can't remember him. I can look at pictures and I know that was him, but my memories are gone. I've been promised that they will come back. I guess I have that to look forward to.
Sam the builder at Bubbe and Poppy's

Meanwhile I love this new boy too. I know I've said that before, but I want to be sure it's understood that if we had some sort of miracle and Sam was saved but not restored to his former shining self I would be so grateful. I would take care of this new boy forever. He is precious to me too.
Sam with Beary and Sully

3 comments:

  1. There are no words. Only know how much we care. Know too that your willingness to share helps us all understand and appreciate and accompany you on your journey. And, yes, it is important to keep writing and for us to keep reading (and praying). xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said Maureen. I second that. No pressure to write,of course, but we all want you to know that we are here with you every day.

    ReplyDelete